Aquababies is here to help you better understand how to expose your children to the water in a healthy environment. Our warm water pools (typically 90 degrees) are ideal for babies to become comfortable with the water. This class is ideal for children six months to three years old.
There are four separate sessions based on the age of your child:
- 6-12 months - This is a true beginners class designed for basic water introduction. The goal is to introduce parents, as well as children, to key skills that will increase water comfort in a pool and at home. The skills presented will encourage an overall awareness of water and how to successfully integrate you and your child into the water. Emphasis will be placed on:
- water acclimation
- parent-child interaction in water
- activities to do at home and pool
- water safety
- 12-18 months - This class will focus on water response and developmental behaviors that can occur in the water. The goal is to teach parents and children what can be expected as the children begin to understand body movement in the water. Emphasis will be placed on:
- proper body position
- key holds
- breathing control
- parental guidelines for specific skill progressions
- 18-24 months - This class takes the traditional water comfort skills and begins to transition them into a basic swimming structure. The goal is to teach the parents and children how to implement the basic skills previously taught into a more unified swimming motion. Emphasis will be placed on:
- fundamental floating positions
- breathing control
- basic swimming movements and holds that will be brought together to formulate the beginnings of a swimming scheme
>View the dates of our current and upcoming Aquababies sessions.
Advanced Aquababies is a class that is designed to be a continuation of the Aquababies program. This program is recommended for children ages 2-3 who have established a solid comfort level in the water. The goal of this class is to cultivate and build on the skills taught in Aquababies. Emphasis is placed on instructor/student interaction, as well as specific parent/instructor interaction in order to build a cohesive unit that nourishes the child’s sense of aquatic independence. The end result is that Advanced Aquababies fully prepares your child to participate in our Learn-to-Swim program.
>View the dates of our current and upcoming Advanced Aquababies sessions.
Semi-Private Aquababies is designed to provide specific instruction that fits the needs of children ranging from ages 6 months old up to a Level 2 swimmer (typically age 3 ½). There will be three main categories of classes with systematic goals and objectives. The three types of classes are Infant, Toddler and Pre-School. Classes are 30 minutes long and are available Saturdays 8:30am-noon, Sundays 8:30am-3pm and Tuesdays 4-5pm.
>Download the full 2013 aquababies programs schedule.
Register for classes online!
If you don’t have login information please email the below form to GLCPrograms@swedishcovenant.org and your login credentials along with instructions will be emailed to you.
>Download form here.
Before your first class:
>Download registration forms that need to be signed on the first day of class. Please bring in completed to speed up the registration process.
>Read important policies and procedures.
For more information on our aquatics programs contact Vannessa Recinos at 773-878-9936, ext. 8015, or email email@example.com.