Swedish Covenant Hospital and Galter LifeCenter are working together to help women overcome incontinence and pelvic pain
For many women, a weak bladder, pelvic pain or other pelvic conditions can be embarrassing and isolating problems — but they are also very common. More than 25 million American women have experienced pelvic health issues, which can arise from many sources, including pregnancy, childbirth, injury, illness and the natural progression of menopause and aging.
Fortunately Galter LifeCenter and Swedish Covenant Hospital offer women in our community a wide variety of treatments and therapies for pelvic health conditions. These services include:
- Rehabilitation Services — Physical therapists can create an individualized program using a variety of techniques and therapies.
- Biofeedback therapy — a real-time ultrasound that shows your muscle movements so you can learn to retrain them.
- Hypno-therapy — cognitive therapy including hypnosis and deep breathing techniques used as an alternative to, or in conjunction with, medication or surgery.
- Total Control program—This six-week program is designed to promote bladder control, better sleep and the active lifestyle you deserve and is ideal for women postnatal to post menopausal. Total Control Platinum is another version of the program for those who have trouble getting up and down from the floor.
Dr. Shameem Abbasy, a urogynecologist at Swedish Covenant Hospital is a leader in her field, which combines gynecology and urology. She can help you address the full range of gynecologic and urogynecologic conditions, including:
- Urinary incontinence
- Pelvic organ prolapse
- Pelvic pain
- Complications related to menopause
Dr. Abbasy works with hospital staff and Galter LifeCenter experts to determine the services which will best address your individual needs, and guide you through the appropriate treatment plan.
Contact Dr. Abbasy for more information or to make an appointment,
Contact Laura McDonagh for more information on the Total Control program, email@example.com or, ext. 3913.